XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Rate "Irresistible"

M&S investigate killings done by a death fetishist.

Irresistible

5 -- Perfect episode!
75%
4 -- Near perfect
13%
3 -- Good episode
No votes
2 -- Needs some improvement
13%
1 -- Really needed rewriting
No votes

Total votes : 8

Rate "Irresistible"

Postby maurisap » October 26th, 2010, 9:58 pm

Irresistible: Someone is excavating graves in Minneapolis, removing body parts from the corpses. Mulder and Scully are contacted because the agent on the case believes the crimes to be related to incidents of cattle mutilation. Mulder quickly dismisses the idea that the case is an X-File, profiling the perpetrator as a fetishist.

Rate the episode and write a review.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: Rate "Irresistible"

Postby maurisap » October 28th, 2010, 11:19 pm

I gave this a "4." So close to perfect, but not quite. Scully's out of character actions in freaking out over the mutilation of the body is jarring.
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Postby HristinaB » August 18th, 2012, 6:31 pm

A 5 -- and that's only because I can't give it a higher rating.

Shocking, scary, creepy. Donnie Pfaster is a truly great villain (too bad they had to ruin that in "Orison"). Nick Chinlund did a FANTASTIC job with this character, who is indeed evil personified, "the devil in a buttoned-down shirt". He appears almost meek and harmless and yet, evil just oozes form his pores!

I like it when TXF educates me: the class on the meaning of fairytales was very interesting. I just love it when this show proves it's so much more than scary stories.

Scully's therapy session was characterization at its finest. Scully is a strong woman, but all the traumatic events she sustained (her father's death, her abduction) are now beginning to take their toll on her. She is acutely aware of that -- she hates it when she feels vulnerable. Scully is trying to regain her inner strength, not just for her own sake, but for the sake of the people she has sworn to serve and protect from the predators of the world. She wants to appear invincible before Mulder, she hasn't realised yet that it's OK for her to drop her armor around him. That's why it is so powerful and heartbreaking when she breaks down in his arms. Mulder is as shocked as we are to see her scared, but in this episode he is so caring and gentle and protective. His "I just don't want you to think you have to hide anything from me" moment is pure beauty. DD works miracles when he whispers and this scene is one of my favorite in the entire series.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it.
HristinaB
Big Mike, Staff Vet

Postby Doug Hutchison » October 17th, 2015, 10:07 pm

Later on in the series I started dreading episodes when I saw that Chris Carter was writing them. I wish he came up with more like this. Tense, scary and with good character stuff for Mulder and Scully too. Absolutely brilliant casting of Donnie Pfaster as well.
Doug Hutchison
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Return to 2.13 Irresistible