XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

F. Emasculata

M&S are called in to catch two escaped convicts who could spread deadly contagion.

F. Emasculata

Postby maurisap » December 3rd, 2010, 7:52 pm

This episode is gross, and one where Scully doesn't act much like a doctor. It amazes me that there is supposed to have been a technical consultant for these episodes, yet such basic things are overlooked. Scully KNOWS there is a contagion, yet she unwraps the body. She wears no eye protection. I could go on and on.

Yet, this is a really good episode!
I've seen life on this planet Scully, and that is exactly why I am looking elsewhere.
maurisap
Site Admin

Re: F. Emasculata

Postby TruthIsOutThere » July 12th, 2013, 2:47 pm

Totally agree, maruisap! I was noticing and saying the same thing watching this one again last night! Even my 15 year old was noticing some of those things that even a regular person should know; she/they sure weren't being very cautionary, despite knowing a powerful contagion was around!

Some other notes/comments:

- It was fun to see "Hank" from "Breaking Bad" playing a U.S. Marshal in this one. Very much the same type of character, just a lot younger!

- I spotted a mistake; an example of Vancouver Doubling. As Mulder and the Marshals leave the rest stop, you can see a highway road sign with the number "80" on it. There are no speed limit signs that high in the U.S. (which reveals that it's got to be kilometers, so from/in Canada).
TruthIsOutThere
Melissa Scully, Mystic

Return to 2.22 F.Emasculata