XFilesUniverse.com: X-Files News, X-Files 3, X-Files Forum, and XFiles Season 10 IDW!

XFU: for X-Files, X-Files Forums, X-Files Fanfiction, & X-Files 3!

Which is your favorite Scully-centric episode?

Moderator: ItsOutThere

Beyond the Sea
8%
Irresistable
8%
Revelations
No votes
Never Again
8%
Memento Mori
13%
Christmas Carol/Emily
No votes
All Souls
No votes
Tithonus
3%
Milagro
23%
Orison
3%
En Ami
5%
All Things
21%
Roadrunners
5%
Per Manum
3%
Trust No 1
3%

Total votes : 39

Postby GillyDreamer78 » March 11th, 2011, 9:13 am

Which is your favorite Scully-centric episode? You can vote for one episode. Two or three parters count as one episode! I couldn't include all the episodes, we can post up to 15 options.
GillyDreamer78
Sheriff Hartwell, Vampire Control

Re: Which is your favorite Scully-centric episode?

Postby SpecialAgent88 » March 11th, 2011, 9:20 am

I just love the scene where Scully walks into Mulder's office and is on the phone stroking her hair and looking at that charm, so my favorite episode is Milagro. Great Thread GD78
Last edited by SpecialAgent88 on March 11th, 2011, 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby GillyDreamer78 » March 11th, 2011, 9:26 am

Thank you, SA88!
I voted for All Things.
GillyDreamer78

Postby Gillyfan » March 11th, 2011, 9:53 am

Wow that was HARD!! I ended up voting for Tithonus but another favourite of mine is BtS
Theres a difference between being listened to, and being heard. ~Gillian Anderson
Gillyfan
Rob Roberts, Food Service

Postby Gillyinfatuation » March 11th, 2011, 11:49 am

Of course I voted for Milagro
“If you do that one more time, YOU’RE GOING TO LOSE A FINGER!!”
gillyinfatuation.tumblr.com
Gillyinfatuation
Cassandra Spender, Hybrid Liason

Postby CSM_Clone » March 11th, 2011, 12:30 pm

I voted for En Ami :)
CSM_Clone
Eddie Van Blundht, Plumber

Postby Gwoman » March 16th, 2011, 5:48 am

Hi! I am new to the site and a massive Scully/Gillian fan. I voted for Milagro, but I had a hard time choosing between that, Orison, All Things, and Never Again. It has been a joy watching her mature and grow in confidence over the span of the show.
Gwoman
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby Gillyinfatuation » March 16th, 2011, 7:07 am

Gwoman it was hard for me too, but Milagro has always been my favorite. I hope to see u posting in this section a lot being a GA fan!
“If you do that one more time, YOU’RE GOING TO LOSE A FINGER!!”
gillyinfatuation.tumblr.com
Gillyinfatuation
Cassandra Spender, Hybrid Liason

Postby Giroflier » March 16th, 2011, 8:05 pm

All Things was my favorite because it represented her individual spiritual search, Mulder aside for a second.
Giroflier
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby Agent Skulder » March 31st, 2011, 6:10 pm

This is one of the tougher polls - further proof of a great series and character. I voted for "All Things" since we got to see a side of Scully, a part of her background not previously revealed. I also liked the change in tempo. And the fact that for once, Scully met and listened to someone (the contact Mulder asked Scully to visit) who advised Scully to do what she had done earlier: to slow down and listen to what was important in her life.

Close second? En Ami.
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby JeSouhaite » March 31st, 2011, 7:24 pm

Okay, I went for Beyond the Sea. It was her breakout episode.
-JX

Check out the XFilesUniverse FaceBook Page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/XFiles-Universe/147454255287123
JeSouhaite
Dr. Bambi Berenbaum, Entomology Dept.

Postby Thexfilesz » April 18th, 2011, 6:39 pm

Hmhmhm, I love Never Again because she's being a bad girl. . . I mean she gets drunk, a very sexy insane man, and a tattoo all in the same episode. All that's missing is her desk. I also love how jealous Mulder gets. . . But at the end he was rather rude to her. Especially since she just found out from Leonard Betts that she's dying. . . I feel like I learned more about her in this episode than in any other one. I mean like her as a woman and her impulses.
Thexfilesz

Postby AgentChelsea » May 1st, 2011, 9:44 pm

I voted Never Again. I just remember rewatching it recently and after thinking, damn, that was a fantastic episode. Every time I watch it, I love it even more. We just really get an insight to her character in that episode. She's realizing that she might be dying, and in moments like that, characters tend to be more truthful. Plus rebel-Scully is ALWAYS fun to watch!

Beyond the Sea is a very close second, for similar reasons.

scully]
AgentChelsea
Flukeman, Sewer Cleaner

Postby SureFineWhatever » December 1st, 2011, 5:35 pm

My favorite Scully-centric episodes are when she takes charge and does the questioning. I love to watch Mulder look at her. I can imagine him thinking, " You better answer her questions or else I can't help what she does to you!" It's pretty hot when she runs in front of Mulder when looking for the bad guys...like she's not afraid of anybody or anything!
Mulder: Scully?
Scully: Yes?
Mulder: Marry me.
Scully: I was hoping for something a little more helpful.
SureFineWhatever
Luis Cardinale, Exterminator

Postby GillyDreamer78 » December 1st, 2011, 5:49 pm

Hi, SureFineWhatever and welcome to this forum. Love your username BTW. LOL :D

If you had to chose from one of those episodes that are on that list, which one would it be? In case you missed it, on the top of the thread there is a list of episodes (a poll) and you can vote for your favorite Scully-centric episode.
GillyDreamer78

Postby SureFineWhatever » December 2nd, 2011, 12:05 am

I voted for Milagro because I love the angsty/shippy stuff. Plus the overall story just has you from the beginning. It really shows her in a light that we don't often see her in. It's also a great stand alone. I could however have a love-fest with Never Again. I love the Mulder/Scully phone conversation:
Mulder: How do you know?
Scully: What do you mean, how do I know? You assigned me the background check. I did as told, as always.
Mulder: Okay, just hold off until I get there, okay?
Scully: What, you don’t think I’m capable?
Mulder: Of course I believe that you’re capable, it’s just that in this case I need you to...
Scully: It’s not just in this case, Mulder.
Mulder: Wh-what’s the agent’s name in Philadelphia?
Scully: It is over. Done. Pudovkin is out of our hands. Look Mulder, I have to go.
Mulder: What, have you got a date, or something? (Scully doesn’t answer) Y-you’re kidding.
Mulder: Scully?
Scully: Yes?
Mulder: Marry me.
Scully: I was hoping for something a little more helpful.
SureFineWhatever

Postby SpecialAgent88 » December 2nd, 2011, 8:47 pm

What I find interesting is the fact that it looks like most fans enjoy Scully in the later seasons. Milagro is from season 6 and All Things is from season 7, it must mean that Scully just got better with age, she matured so beautifully though out the show, it still amazes me to this day.
Made by Gillyinfatuation

Milagro - Agent Scully falls in love but that's obviously impossible. Agent Scully is already in love.
SpecialAgent88
Frohike, Electronics Division

Postby LondonLady » September 5th, 2012, 2:19 am

SA88, I voted for, "Beyond the Sea." It's a phenomenal episode. I think that Scully is arguably just as brilliant in this episode, if not more so, than she is in, "Milagro." ;)
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director

Postby HristinaB » September 7th, 2012, 2:45 pm

Irresistible.

As far as I am concerned, one of the best episodes of the entire show: great story, awesome MOTW, Sensitive!Mulder and Vulnerable!Scully and a very touching, human, real performance by GA in the therapy scene.
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it.
HristinaB
Big Mike, Staff Vet

Postby Agent Skulder » September 7th, 2012, 3:49 pm

Nice to see this picked up after a NINE MONTH lag.

There's scores of threads begging for discussion! Feel free to pick something at random - the developer coded sections for every single episode - and see if you have anything to offer. It might lead to increased traffic...
Season 10 Comic, by Joe Harris
The mytharc continues in #4
Sep 18, 2013
Agent Skulder
Langly, Tech Support

Postby Daedroth » September 23rd, 2012, 4:56 am

I voted for "Memento Mori". A phenomenal episode. Gillian's performance is a thing of beauty.
Daedroth
Ed Jerse, Skin Care

Postby LondonLady » December 9th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Yes, it's a brilliant episode, albeit very sad. Of course, I love the Mulder and Scully scene in the hospital corridor. :day *sigh*
"Those characters are forever searching...Even if we’re not watching them, they’re out there, in some dimension. Mulder and Scully are still doing their thing, ‘cause that’s their nature."
David Duchovny, August 2012
LondonLady
Alvin Kersh, Deputy Director

Postby Righthere » February 14th, 2013, 11:11 am

I chose All Things. To me this is a turning point in Scully's life as she says goodbye to her past that was keeping her and steps into a new phase of her life accepting the choices she made and judging them right. I love the arc of her belief as well, like her never being a sceptic or a stubborn Catholic when it comes to using nontraditional medicine to save people she cares about. I love her musings about the time that passes and how she treats Mulder and opens her heart to him. It feels so good watching them talking about her life with simplicity and honesty and at "What if there was only one choice and all the other ones were wrong?" my heart leaps so desperately no matter how many times I've watched the episode.
Seeing is believing
Righthere
Brad Wilczek, Systems Development

Postby PiperMaru » March 19th, 2013, 4:13 pm

So tough, but I voted All Things because I think this might be when Scully truly opens up and even acts in favor of the unexplained. Irresistible, Milargo, and En Emi are all so good!
PiperMaru

Postby Andrew80 » February 14th, 2016, 4:06 pm

There are some Scully-centric episodes missing: Anasazi (Scully does all the work while Mulder just lurches from one costly blunder to another-not his fault of course, he was drugged); 731 (again, Scully does all the work while Mulder is locked in a train compartment); Folie a Deux (one in 5 billion-nuff said); Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose (has anyone noticed how much Scully-centric this episode is? It was her that found the killer and she was the one to establish a connection with Bruckman) and so on...
Andrew80

Return to Dana Scully